And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” Isaiah 6:8
Why I decided to run for Sheriff…
When I heard that the Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone commented that there is a, “culture of corruption,” in Suffolk County and that it has been in existence for decades, I knew something had to be done to stop this culture from persisting.
I watched, and I waited, hoping for someone to answer the call, looking for someone to bring integrity to government…looking for someone to restore liberty and justice…looking for someone to protect and defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic…looking for someone…someone else.
As I watched and waited for someone else to step up and be the agent of change, it became apparent that the Lord was putting it on my heart to answer that call. No more looking for someone else, “Here I am! Send me.”
I decided to run for the position of County Sheriff, the most powerful law enforcement officer in the County, because the people of Suffolk deserve a Sheriff who will stand in the gap to protect them from governmental abuse, to protect them from actual criminals, and to listen to their grievances or suggestions. The time has come to change the culture of Suffolk County into one of virtue, integrity and trust.
In my official capacity as Sheriff, I pledge to:
- Be answerable to the People, not to other government officials or political parties.
- Protect the God-given rights of the People of Suffolk County.
- Pursue violators of the law.
- Protect and defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
- Promote a county-wide culture of virtuous behavior.
- Protect and defend the rights of parents to raise their children as they deem best.
- Organize and call upon a county-wide Common Law Grand Jury.
- Promote the creation of a county-wide Committee of Safety.
- Organize the Sheriff’s Posse Comitatus.
- Provide free-Bible based education for Suffolk County inmates.
With a firm reliance on the Providence of God, and with the public’s support, I will put a stop to the “culture of corruption” in Suffolk County. I promise to operate under God’s natural law as found in the Bible; I promise to govern in compliance with the law of the land, the Constitution; and I promise to adhere to the principles set forth in the Declaration of Independence. The goal is to restore liberty and justice to a renewed culture in Suffolk County.
Sincerely, His servant and your neighbor,
Peter J. Krauss